Mediterranean Pita Chips
The chip with a Mediterranean attitude! Made from our traditional pita bread recipe. These half moon shaped pita chips are perfect as an appetizer with dips/spreads or as a base for Mediterranean nachos. Serve as a side dish with sandwiches in place of fries. For the perfect dessert item just sprinkle with brown sugar/cinnamon or just fry these pita chips to serve the ultimate snack item. A Vegan product.
INGREDIENTS: Enriched Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid], Water, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil, Contains 2% or less of: Salt, Sugar, Dough Conditioner (Calcium Sulfate, Acacia Gum, Vegetable Mono- and Diglycerides, and Enzymes), Calcium Propionate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives).
Case Pack: 15 lb Bulk Pack
Portion Size: 6 Pita Chips (1 oz)
Approximate Portions Per Case: 240
Net Weight: 15 lbs
Gross Weight: 17 lbs
Case Dimensions (l x w x h): 13.13″ x 11.88″ x 8.13″
Case Cube: 0.73 cu. ft.
Pallet Pattern (Tie x High): 12 x 9 = 108
Storage: Keep Frozen
Country of Origin: Processed in USA
1. Preheat Fryer to 350°F.
2. Place Pita Chips into frying basket.
3. Cook for approximately 1 minute until golden brown.
TIP: place another frying basket on top of frying basket in oil to avoid having to turn chips over in oil.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray pan release or olive oil on sheet pan.
3. Spread pita chips evenly on a sheet pan.
4. Bake until brown and crisp. Be sure to rotate the pans and stir the chips to avoid excessive browning near the edges of the sheet pans. If they start to brown before crisping, lower the oven temperature.
5. Take cooked pita chips out of the oven and spray lightly with canola oil.